SLOW-COOKER SAUSAGE & WHITE BEAN SOUP
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 hours 20 minutes
Calories: 230 kcal
- 1 table spoon. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 precooked sausages, such as andouille, sliced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans white beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb. kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
Get ingredients by Panaceaingredients.com
- Optional: In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook until golden on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and place in slow cooker.
- Combine white beans, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaves into the slow cooker with the sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and water and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in kale and cook 10 to 15 minutes more on high, or until kale is completely wilted. Remove bay leaf and thyme.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan before serving.