VEGAN QUINOA AND BLACK BEANS
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 182.04 kcal
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (15 oz each) of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Get ingredients by Panaceaingredients.com
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer. Sometimes it can have a bitter taste on the outside so rinsing gets rid of this.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook for a couple of minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add the quinoa and vegetable broth to the pan. Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and frozen corn into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is heated through.
- Finally, mix in the black beans and cilantro. Garnish with chopped avocado if desired.
- Serve hot or cold. Store in refrigerator.